Committees – How We Work
To manage the business of the Governing Body efficiently and to make best use of the many skills and expertise of our governors some of the work of the Governing Body is delegated to committees. This allows more time to discuss important issues at main meetings, whilst specialist issues can be discussed at greater length by smaller groups. The committees meet once or twice a term with the Headteacher, and the full Governing Body usually meets once each term.
Each committee reports fully to the whole Governing Body through its agenda / minutes.
The Resources Committee examines, advises and monitors:
- compliance with the school’s budget plan,
- human resources management and support systems,
- health and safety considerations for pupils, employees, visitors and premises,
- Compliance with policies relating to information technology and data protection considerations.
The Wellbeing Committee examines, advises and monitors the impact of the school’s curriculum as agreed by the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and governors, in accordance with statutory regulations and ‘Best Practice Standards’.
The Wellbeing Committee is responsible for ensuring:
- the health and wellbeing of its pupils are safeguarded
- the Catholic ethos together with the moral, social and cultural core British values run as the ‘golden threads’, which link all aspects of the curriculum.
- monitors pupil-performance across the school; and reviews the implementation of statutory policies.
- learning standards are set, achieved and maintained
Admissions – Ensures the Admissions Policy meets statutory and diocesan requirements, grades applications received from the Local Authority in accordance with the Admissions Policy and deals with any appeals.