What We Do
We have a strong focus on three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
In other words the Governors are responsible with the Headteacher for ensuring the school operates efficiently and effectively, and some key functions include;
- Supporting, monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness and progress of the school.
- Ensuring that the school fulfils its statutory duties.
- Being a source of challenge and support to the Headteacher and leadership team.
- Setting the school’s budget, deciding on staffing issues and balancing resources.
- Ensuring the school delivers the national curriculum.
- Agreeing targets and policies for the school.
- Looking after the school’s premises.
- Appointing the Headteacher and all teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Being accountable for the performance of the school to parents and the wider community.
To find out more about the role of the Governing Body at St Theresa’s click here